George Kasidonis, Jr., LISW-S
George Kasidonis is one of our therapists at Behavioral Health Services of Greater Cleveland. He is a long-time employee of the Veteran’s Administration. George also has teaching experience in Group Dynamics and Research while at the University of Akron.
George is a Licensed Independent Social Worker and Supervisor (LISW-S) in the State of Ohio who serves people from age 16 through older adulthood. He has been providing counseling and social work services since 2007. He also has an additional 10 years of previous experience working with individuals with chemical dependency. George values a mindset of empowerment and becoming “the master of your own ship.” Clients can expect a safe, comfortable, upbeat and judgment-free atmosphere, geared solely in helping them achieve their goals in therapy.
Programs + Specialties
Depression and mood disorders, Adjustment Disorders, Anxiety and PTSD, Anger Management, Chemical Dependency, Couples and Relationships, Personality Disorders
Depression, PTSD, and Mindfulness.
Training + Education
- BA in Psychology, Baldwin-Wallace University
- MSW from Cleveland State University.
- Internship 1: Baldwin-Wallace University Mental Health Center.
- Internship 2: Veterans Administration Center for Stress Recovery Center for PTSD.
- Certification in Cognitive Processing Therapy for trauma.
- Trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy