Alannah McCarthy-Slimak, M.Ed., LPCC, LICDC
Alannah is an ex-actor turned experienced therapist, with over ten years of clinical experience. From her time performing, she developed a love for connecting with others. As a therapist she uses these same skills in honoring her patients as individuals.
She has a master’s degree in Community Counseling from The University of Akron, a B.A. in Theatre Arts from Case Western Reserve University, and is licensed both as an LPCC, and LICDC. She is also certified in Cognitive Therapy, and Integrative Mental Health Medicine, with training in Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy. Throughout her career, she has worked with both adolescents and adults, with a wide-variety of issues: Depression, Generalized Anxiety, Panic disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, phobias, all Substance Use Disorders, and many others.
Her patients receive a personalized approach, with a focus on the mind-body connection to empower them as individuals to reach their potential. This change is achieved through helping her patients to connect with their own answers to life’s questions, and to learn new skills to awaken their inherent resiliency.
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Integrative Mental Health Medicine, depressive disorders, addiction, and anxiety disorders.
Training + Education
- M.Ed. Community Counseling, The University of Akron.
- B.A. Theatre Arts, Case Western Reserve University, and The British-American Drama Academy.
- Certified Cognitive Therapist, The Cleveland Center for Cognitive Therapy.
- Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider, Mental Health Integrative Medicine Institute.
- Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional, and Certified Telehealth Mental Health Provider.
- Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy, The Wellness Institute.